Monday, October 29, 2012

I'M A PASTOR

God called my to preach, but that has primarily been fulfilled in my life as a pastor. What does a pastor do? That is a multi-faceted question. It doesn't have just one or two simple answers. Admittedly, there are some aspects of being a pastor that are extremely enjoyable, and then there are other aspects.

I have rejoiced and laughed with dear church folks, and then I have wept and cried with them at other times that were tough. There is so much that goes into being a pastor.

I am writing this blog just as Wanda and I head out the door to go pray for a dear church member who will undergo a long 8 hour back surgery today. It is a dangerous surgery that will determine her life quality for years to come. She and and husband need prayers and support.

This past Sunday, our precious church honored us as their pastors. I have served here for 10 years and am grateful for their love and support. They are dear people whom God has put a love and passion for to shepherd them to heaven.

That is my goal. I want to see them all make it to heaven as they grow in the knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

Oh Lord, please help me to be a good and faithful pastor.

No comments:

Post a Comment