Wednesday, October 10, 2012

CHECKUP TIME

I had my annual physical on Tuesday afternoon. The good news is that I weigh less than the last checkup. My blood pressure is fantastic. Vital signs are good. I am waiting on the lab results to see what my cholesterol is doing. That is usually high, but maybe the lost weight will help that come down too.

Physical exams are good, but daily physical care is better. Eating a balanced diet and daily exercise helps life go better. I feel stronger and am fitter for life.

I am reading through Bible for the fourth time this year and right now I am in the book of Leviticus. It gives specific directions from God to the Israelites about a lot of stuff in life. I am amazed at the clear directions God gave them through Moses. He told them what to do and what to eat and not to eat. All of that was for their good because God loved them.

God is faithful to us to give clear, good, specific directions to a better life. If we will diligently follow them then God has promised life and blessings. This was His promise to the children of Israel but also to us. We just need to checkup and see how we are doing.

My doctor checked in places that I really didn't like. He got kinda personal if you know what I mean, but it was for my good. God  gets even more personal in the deep, hidden places of our lives. He knows everything so there is nothing to hide from Him.

Spiritual checkups are good too. May God take away all in my life that would displease Him. May the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart be acceptable to Him, my Lord, my strength, and my redeemer.

No comments:

Post a Comment