Wednesday, April 13, 2011

TELL THE STORY

This weekend Wanda and I enjoyed Sunday dinner with some long-time friends of mine. Wanda had met them only briefly before. Gary and Dee sat during lunch quizzing us about our lives and how God had brought us together. Both sat spellbound as we recounted our love story.

Dee said, "You have to write your story. Some many need to hear what God has done for you."

I have written almost daily for over three years about what God has done in my life. I told the story of Kristy's last days and the challenges I faced after her death. I began a new blog and wrote more.

My plans were to write our story before now, but the hurt of loss and grief was too much. I couldn't bear it. Now God has helped me and I feel like I can reflect with greater clarity. God has been so good to help me and God's gift of Wanda to my life is a huge part of it. Wanda has encouraged me to write it so maybe now is the time.

I am so very thankful for the wonderful wife and life God has given me. There is new joy and expectancy. Wanda and I have so much to be thankful for and that we enjoy together. We both experienced loss, but God has given us new life and new love. We are blessed.

I counsel many individuals who have lost spouses. I know their hurt. Maybe our story would help others in recovering from loss and going forward to God's new plans. Pray for God's guidance in this matter. I know the story needs to be told. I just need guidance.

No comments:

Post a Comment