Wednesday, April 27, 2011

NO MOW WORRIES

On my way to church on Tuesday morning, I saw a small sign on the passenger door of a pick-up truck that read, "No Mow Worries." The driver was pulling a small trailer filled with lawn equipment. I chuckled. That is good.

Worry is spiritual battle. It turns into sin, if we allow it. But worry has a solution.

When I got to my office, I opened my Bible as my eyes fell on Philippians 4:6, "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your request to God."

The following verse tells us that this is the secret to having peace of mind. This is the secret to the guarded mind.

So here is Paul's directive.

Rejoice in the Lord.
Be moderate.
Don't be anxious.
Pray.
Offer thanks.
Peace will follow.

So I choose to have "No Mow Worries".

I will follow the prescription. It will be an effort. But when I am tempted to worry, I will pray.


No comments:

Post a Comment