Wednesday, March 17, 2010

ANCHORS AWEIGH!

Good music and good friends! Now that is a great pair.

Wanda and I recently enjoyed listening to the Navy Band with Terry and Sandra and Jim and Judy at the Times Union Center. Wanda saw a flyer some weeks ago which promoted a free concert by the U.S. Navy Band.

I played trumpet in my high school marching band as well as the symphony orchestra and love to go to concerts. I wasn't the best trumpeter, but I loved trying. Brass and flutes and percussion and clarinets and oboes all make for wonderful, soothing as well as inspiring sounds.

My taste in music goes from classical to blue grass and all variations between. Good music is soul comfort. It helps cleanse the mind and lifts the heart.

The Navy Band played marches and moved me in a patriotic way. They make you proud to be an American in the land of the free and home of the brave. Jacksonville is a Navy town and our church is filled with men and women who served in the Navy colors.

My mind is still playing those great ballads and marches over and over. It makes you want to wave the Red, White, and Blue. Yes, I am proud to be an American.


No comments:

Post a Comment