Wednesday, December 16, 2009

GOD'S GIFT TO ME

Boy, I am tired.

But it is a good tired from sharing fellowship with some of the most wonderful people in the world. Wanda and I had our staff, deacons, and ordained ministers who attend our church in our home for a Christmas dinner and fun evening Tuesday evening.

We had 28 or 30 or so in our home and Wanda was the most wonderful hostess. The house looked like Christmas, and everything was just perfect. I was so proud of how she served everyone and made the evening special.

I think I got a couple of extra dings!!!!....from Wanda for helping a little to put it together. She did most of the work, but I helped peal some potatoes, put decorations where she wanted them, washed lots of pots, dishes, glasses, and other things, and then helped put the house back together. The dinner was super delicious as my secretary, Lorraine, cooked the meat and everyone brought a dish. Wow! It was incredible. What a feast!

This was our first major entertainment event in our home since we married, and I could not have been any more pleased with how Wanda made it happen.

Wanda is God's gift to me.

1 comment:

  1. So glad you're both so happy and hosting others in your happiness.

    ReplyDelete