Wednesday, April 24, 2013

ALONE

I don't do alone very good. Wanda is gone for a few days to help care for her mother in Tallahassee, and I am home alone. Now I am not a little kid and afraid to be home alone. I just don't like the loneliness of it all.

My heart goes out to those who live alone. Men don't do well by themselves. God noted that and made Eve for Adam. Adam needed a helper. So do I.

What do I miss about Wanda?

I miss her loving kindness.

I miss her touch and talk.

I miss having someone to share the day with.

I miss the extra little things she does to make a day worth living.

I miss her beautiful smile.

I miss her helping me when I need assistance in life's daily decisions.

I miss her encouragement.

Yes, we can talk on the phone, and she will be home soon.

Absence does make the heart grow fonder. In that way, I guess her absence will make our marriage stronger, but boy do I miss that gal. She is a gift from God to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment