Tuesday, April 30, 2013

A SILLY MISTAKE

Sometimes life is too busy, crowded, and over demanding. That is just the way it is. It is what it is. When it gets that way, then adjustments need to be made. I heard of a new book entitled "Change Before You Have Too." In fact I am reading it. Changes will be made in our lives due to stress and over-crowded schedules. It is just a matter of when the change will occur - when it is too late or better long before it gets you.

Last week I had a long, rather serious phone call on my way to work. I arrived still in the parking lot finishing the call and talking on my IPhone with my headsets. After a few minutes I went on into the office and worked a couple of hours.

Later in the morning, one of the secretaries arrived for work and shared that someone's car was running in the parking lot. I checked my pocket for keys and could not find them. That was my car. I had left it running for two hours in the parking lot unlocked.

That is a lot of gas.

Am I really that short of memory? Is it Alzheimer's?

Not!

I was rushed and focused on the conversation and had headsets on. I was too busy. I had to pick up several items in the car and all of that distracted me along with having the ear phones on.

I chuckled and went about my day. If that is the worse thing that ever happens to me then I am blessed!

Now don't tell my you haven't done something silly too.


2 comments: