Wednesday, August 22, 2012

LIVE ONE DAY AT A TIME

Someone said that if you have one eye looking at the past and the other eye looking at the future then you will probably look cockeyed. Ha!

Today is where our primary focus should be. Even Jesus said that sufficient is today for its worries. Don't worry about tomorrow. Deal with today.

There is so much truth in that. We can't change the past. Worrying about the future is futile and wasteful of our energies. We should live for the opportunities that God brings our way each day.

Whatever we face He has promised to be our helper and guide. I can't remember what I was worried about ten years ago so it must not have been so big. The worries of tomorrow may never happen. So I will put my attention to the opportunities of today.

God has been speaking into my heart about the importance of being confident. Paul wrote that we can be confident that the good work our Lord has begun in us that He will complete it. God knows how to finish what He starts. He doesn't get distracted, discouraged, or delayed. His timing is right on.

This is the day the Lord has made. I will rejoice and be glad in it. I will live with passion, vision, and determination today to make this day count for eternity. That way I won't look cockeyed!

1 comment:

  1. If only we could truely live every day as if it were our last.
    Just checking back for any new posts you may have written.
    I’ve been a follower on your blog for a while now and would like to invite you to visit and perhaps follow me back. Sorry I took so long for the invitation.

    ReplyDelete