Tuesday, August 28, 2012

FEELING THE STRAIN

Tuesday morning I did my normal routine of prayer, devotions, and working out before going to work. It usually takes me about 2 hours to do all of that and then I get dressed and ready for the day. For several months I have been doing this routine and it is paying off. I feel better in every way. My muscles and body feel better and I am stronger and fit for the day.

Admittedly, some mornings I feel the strain of stretching my muscles with weights and pushups and running, but it is worth it. It helps me think clearer and function better.

Someone said that there is no gain without some pain. Now I am not into desiring lots of pain, but I am for striving to be my best.

I read in the Book of Jeremiah that there is a curse on those who are lax in dong the Lord's work. (Jeremiah 48: 10) That got my attention. I don't know that I had ever noted that verse specifically before, but it stood out in my mind this week as I read it in my early devotional readings. Wow, I certainly don't want a curse on my life as a servant of God.

God has called me to preach His Word. That has really impacted me again in a very challenging way. It is not a light thing to speak for God. I have never been called by a Governor, or Mayor, or The President to speak for them, but God has called me to speak on His behalf. That is humbling, awesome, as well as a fearful thing to do. I must not be lax or weak in what He has called me to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment