Thursday, July 21, 2011

A HARD DAY

Normally I post on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, but today is different.

***

July 21 will always be a hard day for me. This morning the phone rang around 6 AM. I was already awake, but knew such an early call probably wasn't good news. It wasn't.

The person on the end of the line said, "He's gone. He is in heaven."

Her precious spouse had just passed. That's hard.

I hung the phone up and said to Wanda, "I will never forget the day he died."

Today three years ago the first love of my life went to heaven. Anniversaries of the deaths of those close are always hard. There is no way around it.

Yet, when I got to my office this morning, there was a precious note from Wanda, my precious second love. She wrote an email of comfort, grace, and encouragement. Wow! What a gift from God. The hurt lessoned. The pain was soothed.

How can we honor Kristy?

By finishing our races to win Christ strong. By not looking back. By going forward. By being our best for Jesus. That is how Kristy did it.

She is well in heaven. Today, I press again for the prize of my high calling in Christ Jesus. Kristy won. By His grace, I will win too!

No comments:

Post a Comment