Wednesday, July 13, 2011

DUMB STUFF

Have you every done anything dumb? I mean really dumb?

I saw a portion of a TV program recently that offered reports on dumb things kids are doing today that are extreme and extremely dangerous. They showed young people attempting to jumb over moving cars, or jump off of high bridges, or racing motorcycles on just one wheel, or fighting and taking extreme punches. All of it was dumb.

Why? What is the point?

Are young people so bored today that they don't have anything better to do?

I will admit when I was a boy we had BB gun fights. One time I slid off my top bunk in my bedroom on my head to see of I could do it. Now that was really dumb.

The dumbest thing in the world to me is to play chicken with eternity. Why would anyone risk their soul to an eternity in hell? I don't fathom. Yet, Jesus has provided the way of escape. He has paid our debt of sin. He offers salvation freely to those who will believe and follow Him.

Any other way seems dumb to me. It seems even dumber than dumb stuff kids do today.

No comments:

Post a Comment