Saturday, May 11, 2013

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY

Mother's Day should be every day, or maybe it is in a different kind of way. It is always mothers' day to rise early and work late. It is from dawn to dusk and dusk to dawn. It never ends. How do I know? I watched and helped and on rare occasions tried to do it alone. That did not go very well.

I cannot imagine in my wildest imagination not have mothers. Their love grows you up. Mother's nurture, comfort, feed, clothe, wash, watch, change, and work and work and work. It never stops.

My mother did all this and more. She is a hero of mine. Her faithfulness to her husband, children and the work of the Lord are incredible. Our family would not have made it without her. It is just that simple.

Mother is 86. I talk to her regularly and will enjoy spending a few hours with her on Mother's Day. When I grew up, she baked a pound cake every Sunday afternoon. I love eating her warm pound cakes. It doesn't get any better than that. I told her not to make a pound cake for me on this visit, but she said she was because she like baking them. Well, I will enjoy eating it.

She led me to the Lord when I was around 6 years old. I will forever be grateful to her for that. Thank you Mom for all you have done for me. I love you.




No comments:

Post a Comment