Monday, December 3, 2012

A WHALE OF A GAME

Alabama played Georgia for the SEC Football Championship this past Saturday. As you know, I am a longtime, life-long Alabama fan, but I do like the Georgia's football coach and have rooted for Georgia too. However, when it comes to playing Alabama there is only one team and that is Alabama for sure.

The game was as an exciting of a game as you could hope to see. The score went back and forth with huge momentum swings. To  be honest, I thought Georgia was going to win the game. They held a 10 point lead well into the third quarter of play, and then almost won in on the last play of the game after Alabama made a heroic comeback.

Whew! That was a nail biter.

Alabama won 32-28.

Now it is on to the National Championship game against Notre Dame which will be played after the New Year. It is a ways down the road, but will be here soon enough.

I think this would be Alabama's 15th National Championship if we're fortunate to win. It should be a great game.

Wanda and I went for  a walk Sunday evening just before dark, and I had my Alabama hat and shirt on. One of the neighbors yelled out that he had rooted for Georgia. He said that Alabama had been there and done that. He is right, but how sweet it is.

I wish there could have been two winners, but they don't do that. I hate it for Georgia but love it for Bama.

Roll Tide!

No comments:

Post a Comment