Wednesday, May 25, 2011

VINTAGE



Old things can be valuable.

I once saw a sign on a building that read, "We buy junk and sell antiques."

Too funny.

One man's junk is another man's prize.

Last Saturday I rode "Big Red" down to the World Gold Village in St. Augustine for a vintage motorcycle show. It was hot as blazes, but riding "Big Red" made it worth the effort. Actually it wasn't too hot as long as "Big Red" was rolling. It is stopping at red lights that it really gets hot.

They had all kinds of motorcycles as old as a 100+. There were proud owners, and interested fans. I enjoyed hearing a few stories about some of the bikes.




They also had a few vintage bicycles. Some would be tough to ride. I would have to have a few lessons, but they were interesting too.

I ride in style on "Big Red". It is a smooth machine. Quiet, doesn't shake you to death, comfortable. What a ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment