Wednesday, November 4, 2009

LAURA BUSH IS GREAT!

Monday I attended an all day motivational at the Jacksonville Municipal auditorium with speakers former First Lady Laura Bush, former Mayor Rudy Giuliani, Zig Zigler, Terry Bradshaw, Gen. Colin Powell, and others. It was an inspiring day and I left motivated and encouraged.


To me, Laura Bush was the most moving speaker of the day. She was gracious, poised, transparent, and inspiring. It is amazing the incredible things her family has accomplished and how they have stood with such integrity in spite of harsh criticism and even personal attacks. I could not have been prouder of her as a former First Lady at the manner she presented herself. She was such a "first class act."

What did I learn at the seminar?

I learned that the past is the past. Go forward in life.

I learned that smiling is better than frowning.

I learned that working smarter is better than just working hard.

I learned that "not so smart" people can succeed.

I learned that diligence is important.

I learned that gifts can be developed.

I learned that being prepared helps you for things that you might not anticipate.

I learned that family counts most, after God.

I learned that no one makes it alone.

I learned that a winning belief system is the assurance of things not seen. (The Bible calls that faith.)

I learned that some people are internally motivated and some are externally motivated. (I haven't learned just which category I fit.)

I learned that I have a lot to be thankful for.

I learned that famous people face the same issues that the rest of us face.



No comments:

Post a Comment