Monday, November 2, 2009

DON'T STEP ON THE GRENADE

Can you imagine what stepping on a grenade could do to you? How would that happen anyhow?
I did not serve in the military and never been to war. However, in today's up front and personal news reporting, we see all to regularly the affects of war.

This past week, Wanda's brother, Jerry Davis, stumbled upon a grenade while on a construction work site. He is a contractor and all of a sudden there was a grenade. It made the news in Tallahassee, FL., where he works. Thankfully no one was hurt.

You can read the news report at the following sight.


What is the take-a-way from this story? Well, there are many are others types of potential "life grenades" that can wound us if we're not alert. Bitterness, jealousy, hatred, fears, anxiety, and all other manner of internal issues can hurt us. Poor choices can damage us and cause life-long problems.

No, I don't expect to find a real live grenade, and, if I do, I hope I'm alert as Jerry was. I am sure other types of grenades are lurking in the shadows. It is up to me to disarm them before they can do damage.

No comments:

Post a Comment