Monday, July 15, 2013

TREVOR MARTIN

No, I am not getting into the debate over racial justice, but I do want to comment on the recent Zimmerman trial. I didn't watch any of the trial. I don't know all the details. I have no dog in this hunt.

It is so sad that a older teenage boy lost his life. My heart goes out to the Trevor Martin.

Yet, obviously there is a serious divide in our country over racial justice. I am for fair treatment. I hate bigotry. I don't want to be treated in a bigoted way and neither do I desire for others to face racial bigotry.

But a trial was held. A judgement was made. Might I add, that we should be thankful that we live in a country where we have a legal system for justice to work.

Now that the verdict is in, it appears that some question the results. Again, I don't have a dog in this hunt, but we should let the system work.

I will say that in our city too many blacks are being killed by other blacks. There is a serious problem going on here with too many black children not having mothers and fathers at home. This produces serious issues within the children without mothers and fathers. Then terrible results follow that often includes blacks killing blacks.

May God help us to do a better job at proclaiming His Word so that children of all races and color can grow up in good homes with loving mothers and fathers to teach and train them in the right way.

No comments:

Post a Comment