Friday, February 15, 2013

A NINE MILE RUN

I am running 9 miles this morning, Lord willing.

This is in preparation for the upcoming 15K Gate River Run on March 9. It is 9.3 miles so if I complete my Friday morning run I will have run 15K minus .3 miles. Hopefully I can do that in less than a 10 minute mile average. That would be 9 miles in 90 minutes. That is my goal.

My goal is to also lose 10 lbs before March 9 so I will be 10 lbs lighter. That would be obvious. Not carrying 10 extra pounds should help me toward my goal of finishing in 90 minutes. I don't know if the 90m goal is attainable, but that is what I am pushing to do.

Why is that important? Good question.

I want to beat my previous River Run best by 6 minutes. I believe it is attainable, but I will have to get over those bridges and that is where the pain comes. I have been running the downtown bridges once each week to prepare. It is tough running uphill for half a mile or so. That is all the more reason to lose 10 pounds.

Image carrying a 10 weight on a 9.3 mile run. That wouldn't be any fun, but carrying it around your waist is the same difference. I feel those pounds pulling me down, slowing me, dragging me.

What does it take to run a 15K?

Training, sweat, determination, and perseverance. This doesn't come easy, but I can do it.

I hope to get back to my weight of 178 pounds before the race. Pray that I will make it.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete