Monday, October 11, 2010

RIDE SAFE

Motorcycle riding is exhilarating, but comes with a price. The issue is safety. Ride hard, but ride safe. It is a pleasure sport for me that has come late in life. I never, ever expected to take up this sport. I have always thought I was smarter than this, but it is fun far beyond my expectations.

I am on another quick ride up to the mountains with a group of guys who have been after me for years to ride with them. Never thought I would, but here I am.

It is a guy trip so Wanda is off with her sisters and mother. They are actually headed North too so I bet I find her in the mountains before I head back home.

Motorcycling riding has actually pushed me to be a safer driver all the way around. I pay more attention to safety issues now that I motorcycle than ever before.

What is the secret? Ride the speed limit. Don't take risks. Watch for the other guy. Keep your mind on the road.

Life has no guarantees. I will ride safe and enjoy the journey. I pray and ask for the Lord's protection and angels to keep guard.

What fun! Pics are on the way,

1 comment:

  1. Glad you are having fun and being safe at the same time. I don't doubt for a second your safety skills. You are Mr. Safety!

    ReplyDelete