Friday, September 16, 2011

EARLY RISER?

Getting up before the crack of dawn has never been my forte. I don't get up at the crack of noon either, but times are changing. Is it my age? Or body chemistry? Or a late change of life? Whatever the reason, I find myself late in late wanting to go to bed earlier and rise earlier.

For preachers, so much of our life ministry is in the evenings, and because of that, we need to be our best in the evening. That makes sense doesn't it. Also, does it really matter if work and life is done early or late?

Jesus rose early to pray. Of course He is the perfect model to follow, but He also prayed at night. Sometimes He prayed all night. I wonder if our Lord ever took an afternoon power nap?

Nevertheless, I am rising earlier and spending more time with the Lord and preparing for the events of the day. Yes, I am struggling some in the evening, but that's life.

Meeting the Lord early does make the day go better. Just a few moments with Him changes everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment