Friday, July 27, 2012

HIKE AROUND THE WORLD

Yesterday I took Claudia and Lorenzo on a hike at Hanna Park. Actually we went on a morning hike and an afternoon hike too. It was hot and both were really long hikes. We took water and snacks and hydrated a lot.

 Here is the problem.

We didn't know where the trails went or how long they were. Not good. I should be smarter than that. The afternoon hike was the longer and worse of the two. We hiked over 1 and 1/2 hours. Not sure how far. The kiddies did great and I took them to the water park after each hike where they played more. Amazing! I sat and watched!

Ha!

 I'll bet you one thing. I'll have a map on the next hike. I'll know where I'm going and how long it will take. Hiking maps as well as road maps are important but not as important as eternal maps. I have already read my eternal map today. I know where I'm going and look forward to being there forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment