Wednesday, November 25, 2009

THANK YOU!

Everyone is getting ready for Thanksgiving and the opportunity of enjoying family, friends, and good food and football. Well, maybe not everyone is into football, but I do hope you are looking forward to some family time and good eating. It is a time of giving thanks and expressing gratitude for life's blessings, unless you are a turkey. Now, I hope you are not a turkey.

I have so much for which I can express thankfulness.

First, I am thankful to God for my salvation and every blessing of life. God has been good to me.

Second, to my precious wife. Wanda is a gift from God to me. I literally believe that our marriage was pre-arranged in heaven. It is such an unusual and amazing story. She adds so much to my life and is a gift--a rare gift from God.

Third, my precious children and grandchildren. Julie, Jennifer and Javier, and my step-children Mark and Tara and Jennifer and Paul, have all blessed me beyond measure. They are such a joy in life and their kids, my grandkids, are pure sugar and sweetness, especially the two little girls. Guys are too manly to be too sweet.

Fourth, my dear family. On Thanksgiving Day, we will celebrate Mom and Dad's 65 wedding anniversary. They are still helping their first born, me, through encouragement, love, and prayers. All my siblings and Wanda's siblings are such a load of fun. And Wanda's mother is a very special lady. Wow, I am blessed.

Fifth, my dear church family at Southside Assembly here in Jacksonville. They are a wonderful, loving, caring church family. I love to preach God's Word and lovingly lead them.

Sixth, my dear friends, who are too many to list. I cannot begin to tell you the untold acts of kindness my friends have shown me these recent months. Good friend are rare gifts.

Seventh, I am thankful for the privilege of doing the work of the ministry. It truly is the highest calling. Thank you Lord for calling me to preach your wonderful Word.

I am thankful for good health, a nice home, good food, a warm bed, clean clothes, cars and a motorcycle.

I am thankful to live in America. I am grateful for our freedoms to worship as we please and live a good and honorable life with peace and without fear.

I am thankful for all of God's blessings on me. Thank you Jesus for your great love.

No comments:

Post a Comment