Friday, July 31, 2009

RIDING ACROSS AMERICA


A friend of mine and his wife are riding his Honda Goldwing across America from Jacksonville to San Diego and back. They will be gone for less than a month and will be riding the whole way on their touring motorcycle. They have actually ridden across America and back a couple of times.  

How far is is to San Diego from Jacksonville? I don't know, but it is a long......., long......., way! 

I am enjoying my motorcycle and getting more comfortable on it every day. I took a safety course and have practiced hours riding in a church parking lot before moving to brief rides in my neighborhood. Then I moved to some streets away from my neighborhood that offered safe cruising, and now I am riding just about anywhere. I still have lots to learn and I plan on making this an ongoing learning process for years to come.

But how do you ride from Jacksonville to San Diego and back in just three weeks? It is hot and then cold in higher elevations and then hot again for them. I am sure the scenery is beautiful with all the colors of the West. They are touring the major canyons of America. That must be spectacular. Goldwings are big and comfortable, but I just can't imagine riding 500 plus miles almost every day.


I've included a couple of pictures of my Sis Norma's recent trip out West to the Grand Canyon. She and Ron flew out and then took train rides to the canyon. She isn't a motorcyclist yet, but maybe one day I will get her on my Goldwing.

My cycling friends have been sending me updates and pictures each day. Their group all have smiles on their faces and having a very big time. It must be something to say your have ridden across America and back on a Goldwing.

Good luck Jim and Judy and gang. Safe riding to all of you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment